Sunday, July 5, 2009

Will the dark continent never learn?

There are a number of reasons why I'm starting this blog. First, I want to give my fellow Montefiore residents a sense of what they'll be plunging into when they arrive in Kisoro. Second, I want to remember my experiences here and don't have a camera. Third, I'm a desperate attention whore who craves constant approval. I'll let you decide which of three was most important.

I actually do have a crappy camera phone, so hopefully this blog won't be 100% text. But don't get your hopes too high.

The title of this blog is a word I heard a nine-year use this afternoon, while he was paddling me across Lake Madara. All I know is that it's some kind of passionate exclamation. Neither the boy nor any of his friends could translate it, and for all I know it's some kind of racial slur. If anyone out there speaks Rufumbira, feel free to educate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment